to making a
In partnership with Childhood Cancer Canada, we are proud to support the Survivor Scholarship Program. This program offers financial help to enable young cancer survivors to focus on their studies—while acknowledging the hurdles they have faced along the way.
On a corporate level, Teva Canada has donated over $1.2 million since 2007, and our employees also have taken the program to heart, raising over $140,000!
Our scholarship funding falls into two categories:
- Undergraduate Survivor Scholarships ($1,500 per student), to support studies at universities/colleges/vocational schools for young Canadians who are in treatment or who have survived childhood cancer.
- Teva Canada Scholarships ($5,000 for up to 10 students per year), a one-time award granted to students who are childhood cancer survivors entering (or already enrolled in) pharmacy, medicine or health sciences post-graduate programs of study. Students may be in any year of their studies, provided they are enrolled in school for the fall term that the scholarships are awarded in. Experience shows that, due to their life experience, many survivors are inspired to pursue careers in health sciences. Teva Canada is proud to support these students, knowing their unique experiences will help them become extraordinary health care professionals.
Fast facts on Teva Canada’s support for the Survivor Scholarship Program
- $1.2 million donated corporately since 2007
- 150% growth in the number of scholarships awarded in past five years
- 610+ recipients
- $140,000+ raised by Teva Canada employees
We are proud to have donated millions of dollars’ worth of essential medicines over the years to Canadian medical missionaries working in developing countries, in conjunction with global partners such as Health Partners International of Canada (HPIC), World Vision and UNICEF.
In early 2015, we were pleased to select Health Partners International of Canada (HPIC) as the administrators of Teva Canada’s medication donation program. This new arrangement will continue our vision and effectively support non-profit organizations and vulnerable communities around the world. With this partnership, we aim to reach the most beneficiaries through a coordinated response that maximizes resources and continues to align with the World Health Organization’s Guidelines for Medicine Donations.
Our product donations to HPIC, such as antibiotics, help healthcare workers and aid organizations in their medical missions. They also allow vulnerable patients to access medications that they may not be able to afford, and to avoid medicines of unknown quality.Back to top
For years, Teva Canada Innovation (TCI) employees have supported the Vélotour, a 150 km bike tour organized by the Multiple Sclerosis Society of Canada. For more than 10 years now, TCI has assembled and sponsored a team composed of employees, family members, friends and business partners who want to take part in the event. The Shared Solutions® team has won multiple prizes for its commitment and achievements during that span. Historically, the team has been, and continues to be, recognized for its high number of participants, averaging 100 members per year—one of the largest teams in Québec.
Since 2005, we have also been a gold-level sponsor of the annual SuperWalk: Parkinson Society Canada’s most important national fundraising activity.Back to top